There is nothing better than winding down after a long week, or even escaping the grind of work on a weekday evening. While the bed and TV will always be tempting, Bengaluru has several options in and around the city that make for much more fun and exciting alternatives. So here are some great activities that you can try with your friends, or alone too.–
- Pub-Hopping – Bengaluru has the tag of the pub capital of India for a good reason. With more than 200 bars operating around the city, you will have a gala time skipping and sipping from one place to the next, exploring the city and all it has to offer. Be sure to take cabs or a designated driver, though.
- Vineyard Tours – If you have a taste for the finer stuff, why not learn about how it is made? Go to one of the many wine tours around the city and stomp grapes, taste wines, and see for yourself how the drink is made. Buying some bottles to take home should surely be on the list.
- Escape Rooms – Immensely popular and fun, escape games are an amazing way to have fun with your friends. Solve murder mysteries and riddles, or try to break out of a jail, all the while arguing about who is contributing most to the progress.
- Cave Dwellings – If you have a long weekend coming up, pack your bags to drive out 65km from the city. The volcanic trails with their numerous caves and trekking trails will await you, ready with some thrilling experiences and physical exercise
- Laze Away – If you really just wish to laze in the bed or by the pool, there are many resorts around Bengaluru that can make the experience even more luxurious. Enjoy the cold and comforting lap of nature with greenery and scenic beauty, and unwind without the tension of cleaning up.
- Let It Snow – Who doesn’t like playing in the snow, especially when there is rock climbing, snow castles, and rides, all in one place? Snow City in Bengaluru is Asia’s largest snow-based theme park, and it is the perfect family and fun package.
- Fly Away – Grab a bird eye’s view of the city and its surrounding area on a micro light plane, a vintage style plane designed for two individuals. The twenty minute ride will be a thrilling and memorable experience, and you will only have your eyes to capture the moments.
- Go Racing – Call up your friends you are too nice to have open fights with, and beat them in go karting to vindicate your feelings instead. As competitive as it can get, the game is also extremely fun, and there is nothing better than people cheering for you as you make the final lap.
So the next time you snooze the alarm on a Saturday morning, remember that there is all of this exciting stuff you can do!
But if you just indulge in some extra Zs, that’s great too.